IT-Systemkaufmann/-frau: Englisch (3. Lehrjahr)
Sie sind hier: Startseite › IT-System-Kaufmann › Englisch (Teil 3)
UN / CM, Kurs vom 01.09.2001 - 25.01.2002
- Useful phrases: Order (Nützliche Redewendungen: Auftrag/Bestellung)
- Modes Of Payment (Zahlungsmodalitäten)
- Letter Of Application (Bewerbungsbrief)
- Curriculum Vitae (Lebenslauf)
Useful phrases: Order (Nützliche Redewendungen: Auftrag/Bestellung)
|Thank you for ...
your quotation/offer of ...
the samples you sent us.
|Wir danken für ...
Ihr Angebot vom ...
die von Ihnen übersandten Muster.
|We would be grateful if you could supply/send us ...||Für die Lieferung/Übersendung von ... wären wir dankbar.|
|We enclose ...
our order for the following goods/items/products.
|In der Anlage übersenden wir ...
unseren Auftrag für folgende Waren/Artikel/Produkte.
|We would like to place the following/enclosed/attached order.||Wir erteilen Ihnen hiermit nachstehenden/beigefügten Auftrag.|
|Payment will/can be
on delivery/on receipt of goods.
within 30 days after receipt of goods.
by transfer of the invoice amount.
by (bank) acceptance at 90 days.
by sight draft.
by (ir)revocable, (un)confirmed letter of cedit.
cash against documents.
documents against acceptance.
|Die Zahlung wird/kann ... erfolgen.
bei Lieferung/bei Wareneingang
innerhalb von 30 Tagen nach Wareneingang
per Überweisung des Rechnungsbetrages
durch (Bank) Akzept per 90 Tage
durch (un)widerrufliches, (un)bestätigtes Akkreditiv
Kasse gegen Dokument
Dokument gegen Akzept
|Delivery by the due date is essential.||Lieferung bis zum Fälligkeitstermin ist unbedingt erforderlich.|
|We expect an additional/introductory discount of ... %.||Wir erwarten einen zusätzlichen/Einführungsrabatt in Höhe von ... %.|
should be optained by you.
will be optained by us.
sollte von Ihnen übernommen werden.
wird vn uns übernommen.
confirm/acknowledge this order ...
in due course.
|Wir bitten ... um Bestätigung dieses
zu gegebener Zeit
|Please let us
know/inform us ...
when the goods have been shipped.
if there is any delay in delivery.
|Wir bitten um Benachrichtigung, ...
wann die Waren versandt wurden.
falls eine Lieferungsverzögerung eintritt.
Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for your quotation and the catalogue which we received under separate cover.
As some of your products seem to fit our line we would like to place the following trial order:
- 40 picnic baskets: $ 29.00 per unit
- 50 gardening sets: $ 19.90 per unit
We understand that you grant an
introductory discount of 10 % on these prices.
Payment will be made by bank transfer with 30 days after receipt of invoice.
Delivery should be executed by 4 March at the latest. Insurance is to be covered by you.
We trust that our order will be executed carefully and that the quality of the goods will meet our expectations.
Please acknowledge this order by return and inform us if there is any delay in delivery.
Modes Of Payment (Zahlungsmodalitäten)
|cash||smaller payments||private and business; domestic and foreign transactions||Barzahlung|
|open account||smaller and larger payments||within the EU||Konto-Korent-Konto (z.B. Katalogkunden)|
|cheque||small payments||private and business; domestic and foreign transactions||Scheck|
|credit card||more and more; This is a small plastic card given out by banks and credit companies.||electronic cash: Used against payment of goods and services. Paid for at a later day.||Kreditkarte|
|Bill of exchange (B/E)||larger payments||domestic and foreign transactions||Wechsel|
|Letter of credit (L/C)||larger payments||foreign transactions||Akkreditiv|
|direct debit||The payee has written permission to take a sum of money due to him directly from the payer's account.||Lastschriftverfahren (direkte Abbuchung)|
|standing order||The bank does all the work; the customer need only give the instruction once.||For repeated payments of the same amount to the same payee.||Dauerauftrag (mehrfache Abbuchung)|
- beneficiary (Begünstigter)
- draft (Vorlage, Formular)
- latter case (im letzten Fall)
- contract (Vertrag)
- issuing (anweisend)
- advising (empfangend)
- d/a = document against acceptance
- d/p = document against payment
- b/e = bill of exchange
- drawer = exporter
- drawee = importer
- payee = beneficiary (mostly: drawer and payee are the same company)
- instalments (Raten)
Letter Of Application (Bewerbungsbrief)
- Dear Sirs or Mesdames / Dear Sirs (formal, impersonal)
- Dear Mr / Ms ...
- Dear Sarah (informal, personal)
Note: When applying for a job, always try to find out the person responsible for employing the new staff member - starting a letter of application with "Dear Sirs or Mesdames" doesn't really show an interest in the company you are applying for.
getting started / showing interest in the job you are applying for:
- Further to / With reference to your advertisment in the magazine ... / on the Internet
- I have received your name from the British employment service.
- I was pleased to read of your opening for a Personal assistant in the October 24th issue of "Computer Weekly".
- You indicated the need for someone who has experience in ...
- The skills I have developed from my work experience and academic background support my strong interest in a career as a ...
- Since I decided to pursue a career as a ... your company has been at the top of my list of prospective employers.
describing your experience:
- My ... background includes ...
- As you can see from my Curriculum Vitae ...
- I have experience in ...
- As part of my practical training / apprenticeship / education, I had the opportunity to gain experience in the field of ...
- Please see my enclosed résumé for a more complete view of my background and qualifications.
- My enclosed résumé will give you a better view of my skills and abilities.
- I have greatly benefited from my time spent in schools.
explaining your current situation / employment:
- I am responsible for ...
- I co-ordinate ...
- I work for ...
- In the position I hold ...
- I am presently employed as ...
- I am in charge of ...
"selling yourself" - highlight your special knowledge / skills / key strengths:
- Of particular note is the fact that ...
- The greatest challenge of my career ...
- Should you need additional information, you can reach me at 0049 30 123 456 78.
- I am available for an interview at your convenience.
- Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Yours faithfully,
- Yours sincerely,
Note: When you start a letter with the most formal expression (e.g. "Dear Sirs"), you must use "Yours faithfully" as complimentary close. Likewise, whenever you start a letter with "Dear Mr ...", you have to end the lette writing "Yours sincerely". Use mnemonics to learn thes facts, e.g. "Whenever you start a letter with an "S" (Dear Sirs), you may not close it with an "S" (Yours Sincerely)".
Curriculum Vitae (Lebenslauf)
Curriculum Vitae - Your Name - Date of Birth : 21st August 1979 Marital Status : Single Nationality : German Education 1986 - 1992 : Primary school (Grundschule) 1992 - 1999 : Secondary school - A-level (Gymnasium) 1999 - 2002 : Apprenticeship as a ... Working experience since 2002 : 1999 : 1998 - 1999 : Languages German : mother tongue English : good working knowledge French : basic knowledge Italian : basic knowledge Web-site references - Name der Firma 1 - http://www.name-der-firma-1.de - Name der Firma 2 - http://www.name-der-firma-2.de - Name der Firma 3 - http://www.name-der-firma-3.de